rentalcars rent a car car rental rome italy basilica vatican

ROME

Car Rental in Rome with Bookingclik:
Book your car rental with Bookingclik when visiting Rome. As one of Europe's oldest cities, full of history and art, it is a popular destination for car hire. You can chose from any of the suppliers we offer you, including Alamo, Europcar and Hertz. With locations at Rome Fiumicino and Ciampino airports, as well as rail stations such as Rome Termini and Tiburtina, car hire is a comfortable way to see the sites.

Tips on hiring a car in Rome

  • Parking in Rome is easier than some of the other large Italian cities with many of them free, but try and stay at a Hotel with its own free parking

  • Be aware of the ZTL (Zona Traffico Limitato) Zones throughout Rome and other large Italian cities. These are traffic camera surveyed areas where you cannot drive without either having a resident's pass or registering your car with the police as a tourist. If you drive through or enter a ZTL Zone you will be charged up to €100 plus an admin fee from the car rental company. If your hotel lies within a ZTL Zone get them to register your license plate with the local authorities.

  • Factor in the congestion along with the ZTL Zones then it is probably best to leave your car hire at the hotel if sightseeing Rome downtown. Make the most of the car rental by exploring the outskirts of the city or taking a day trip.


  • Did you know?
  • There are over 280 fountains and more than 900 churches in Rome. The most famous of the fountains, Rome's Trevi Fountain, has over €700,000 thrown into it each year. The money goes towards charity to help those in need.

  • Most of Ancient Rome has been excavated, right? Wrong! Experts guestimate that only 10% of ancient Rome has been dug up, with the remaining 90% buried 30 feet below the current street level.

  • Don't ask for spaghetti and meatballs when in Rome - this is not an Italian, or Roman, dish. Instead, try some local specialties such as bucatini all'amatriciana or spaghetti alla carbonara
  • Surprice Expands in Slovakia Compare Car Hire Rates For Your Trip In 2021